Queen Bee Blog
We see beauty bloggers throw around the use of the words “pH balance” a lot, but before you start worrying about it, let’s explain what it is and its function.
What is a pH balance and how do I know it’s off?
- It means the “potential for hydrogen”. We use this scale to determine the level of healthy acidity and alkalinity on your skin.
- At Queen Bee, we know when your pH is off on areas such as your bikini lines and underarms because we see the symptoms. Skin can appear dry, red, discolored, and sensitive.
- Symptoms of your vaginal pH balance being “off” inside of your vagina (which means your pH is high) could be a strong smell, unusual discharge, vaginal itching, and burning when you pee.
How do I prevent my pH from being off? #Preventionisbetterthancure
- Don’t use perfumed soaps, vaginal washes, essential oils and other products that can interfere with your skin’s natural balance. Refrain from deodorants that are baking soda based that also contain citric acid or essential oils. These can cause irritation on sensitive skin types and hyperpigmentation on skin that contains more melanin.
- Getting intimate? Condoms prevent the high alkaline in semen from creating bacteria (alkaline and bacteria are BFFs!).
- The use of antibiotics kills both bad and good bacteria, so can throw the healthy acidity off. See below for probiotics.
- Don’t use anything fragranced down there, including douches, soaps, and shower gels.
- If you wear bleached panty liners regularly, consider using a barrier cream, such as Aquaphor, to protect your delicate skin from the bleached liner. Switch to non-bleached feminine products.
How do I balance my vagina’s pH?
- Balance your vaginal pH with probiotics or eat natural yogurt. Go visit a doctor if you are concerned about your health.
- Remember, an acidic vaginal environment is protective, it’s what keeps bacteria at bay, so don’t use products that will dry it out.
Keep your skin clean with products that work in harmony with each other and won’t overly dry you out! Our Buzz Off Bumps pads were specifically designed for the bikini and underarm area to keep you free from dead skin, bacteria, and excess oils.
Buy Buzz of Bumps here.
Sharing is caring, but taking somebody else's hard work, either whole or part, is plagiarism. Please do your own work well; you will learn so much more!