Waxing - How to prepare
Buzz Off Bumps!28.00
How to Prepare for a Brazilian Bikini Wax, Brozilian, Heathrow Express, InBetweenie or any Bikini/Mankini Wax at Queen Bee
- Hair must be a quarter of an inch to an inch (although we would prefer at least 3 to 4 weeks of growth) to adhere correctly to the wax. Your hair growth might be a little uneven for your first wax and that is okay, it will catch up eventually. We cannot and will not wax over hair/skin that was recently shaved. It is a waste of your time and money to arrive with hair that is too short to remove.
- Hair longer than an inch? Trim it down to an inch, not too short! For hygienic reasons, we do not trim your pubic hair.
- Please shower/clean up before your appointment. We won’t spell it out… you catch our drift. (In a pinch, wet wipes are a lifesaver – just don’t flush them down our toilets!)
- Resist the urge to shave between sessions. Shaving can chafe the skin and create irritation. It also throws your wax off cycle. If you are desperate, just shave the sides in a downward direction.
- Gently exfoliate the area to be waxed. Having a warm bath or shower before your bikini wax can soften skin, allowing for easier hair removal. Gentle use of a dry brush before a wax is also helpful as it helps remove dead skin. We recommend exfoliating with our miraculous and custom Buzz off Bumps pads that remove dead skin build up around and in the follicle, leading to an easier and more thorough wax. These pads are great exfoliators between appointments.
- Chill out! Arrive at your appointment as relaxed as you can. Anticipation is often worse than the actual event. Most of our clients tell us that it was remarkably easier than they expected. Don’t listen to friends who tell you their waxing horror stories. They don’t come to us! YouTube videos and movie scenes with screaming ninnies will only get your knickers in a deeper twist. This is your experience and we will make it a good one.
- Take deep breaths during your wax, it relaxes muscles. Don’t worry—it really doesn’t hurt that much. And trust me, we want you to come back, so we won’t do anything to traumatize you!
- First, the worst, second the best, third the hair we take off your chest. We get that first-timers don’t know what to expect. In my experience, a first wax can be more uncomfortable, especially if you’ve been shaving. However, it won’t be the worst thing you’ve ever done. Most of the time, people leave our room pleasantly relieved that their wax wasn’t nearly as bad as they expected. Every wax after the first one gets easier, especially when your hair starts growing finer and we weaken that horrid follicle! Yes, your hair will get thinner and more sparse over time, sometimes not growing back at all. Booking your next appointment before you leave adds points to your Honey Jar and gives you a great prompt to come back.
- Ibuprofen. If you’re concerned about the potential for pain, take a couple of ibuprofen 20 minutes before your appointment. Please do not use numbing creams. We explain why in our waxing faqs page.
- Beauty Therapy. (Chat sesh?) Queen Bee Waxologists are the queens of distraction and we are trained to treat every one of you with care and as individuals. We want to get to know you. By the time you’ve finished telling us your story, ta-da! your wax is complete!
- Your Waxologist introduces themself and asks you to undress from the waist down. Waxologists do not leave the room.
- All treatment tables and rooms have been disinfected and sanitized in accordance with Covid-19 Guidelines and all requirements of the California State Board of Barbering and Cosmetology.
- Your Waxologist will analyze skin, ask if you are taking any medications that might interfere with your wax or if you are using any creams such Retin-A or steroids that can have an impact on your skin during your wax.
- Skin is prepped by exfoliating and cleansing with one of our Buzz Off Bumps pads that helps to rid skin of bacteria, excess oils, and dead skin. It will also help loosen the hairs from your follicles.
- After your amazing wax, your waxologist will check the area to ensure all hair is removed.
- Post wax information will be supplied as well as answers to any questions or concerns you might have.