What is Microblading?
Powder Brows vs Microblading: What’s The Difference?
How Do I Know If Permanent Makeup is For Me?
What Technique is Best for Me?
Do I Still Maintain My Eyebrows With Permanent Makeup?
Is Microblading Painful?
What Is The Recovery Time?
When should I NOT book a microblading appointment?
How should I prepare for my microblading appointment?
What is the Aftercare Protocol following my appointment?
Microblading is not the same as a traditional eyebrow tattoo. With microblading each hair stroke is strategically created with a hand-held tool to result in a very realistic eyebrow. The pigment used is semi-permanent and lasts 1-2 years. When touched up annually it can last up to 3yrs. This allows you to change your eyebrow shape with the trends and as your face changes. Microblading can be a life changing experience.
Powder brow is a much more defined eyebrow look other than what you will get with microblading. The look of a soft powder throughout the brow but less natural than microblading. Very complimentary to your makeup.
Microblading is best suited for someone who does not wear makeup frequently and wants their brows to look very natural. Powder brow looks best on someone who wears makeup frequently and does not want to do their eyebrows every single time, saving lots of time.
Microblading is a much more natural look than powder brows. We draw each hair stroke to blend in with your natural hairs. With powder brows, we use a shading technique to make your brows appear more full.
Your brows will need to heal for 10 days before you see the final result. During that healing process, the color of your brows will be slightly off and they might scab. You then come in for a follow up appointment 4-6 weeks after the initial procedure.
Permanent makeup is for anyone. Do you wish your eyebrows were sweat/water resistant and stayed on at the beach, swimming pools, workouts and the sauna? Are you tired of filling in your eyebrows daily with makeup? Do you wish to spend less time applying your makeup? Do you wish your eyebrows were fuller and thicker without the use of eyebrow makeup? If so then this procedure is DEFINITELY for you!
During your initial virtual brow consultation we will discuss what you desire for your brows. We’ll determine whether your goals are best achieved with microblading, powder brow or combo brow, which is a combination of both. Your goals, skin type and lifestyle will all factor into our recommendation.
Yes! Having these procedures done allows you to have a fuller brow. Upkeep of your eyebrows is still necessary. What isn’t is the task of filling in your eyebrows with makeup every day.
NO it shouldn’t be because we use a special numbing cream so you won’t feel a thing!
Consisting of lidocaine, benzocaine, and tetracaine, this strong numbing cream ensures a pleasant experience. We use it throughout the service to keep you comfortable – so much so that clients sometimes fall asleep!
When getting microblading, a tool called a “microblade” is used to make a small incision into your skin with colored pigment.
Some clients are a bit surprised at the scratching sound when getting microblading or a similar procedure. This sound is normal and is made when the proper depth is achieved with each hair stroke.
Immediately after your visit you can continue with life. There is no down time. Your brows will be 2 shades darker initially and there is a healing time of ten days before doing activities such as swimming, excessive sweating, and sauna. Any direct sun exposure, tanning, brow makeup and skin treatments should be avoided for ten days as well as it will affect the healing of your brows. After care will be provided and has to be adhered to in order to have the best result for your brows.
Do not book a microblading appointment when:
- You are pregnant or nursing
- You are taking any blood thinning meds
- You are undergoing chemotherapy
- You have a viral infection or disease
- You have had Botox less than two weeks prior to your visit
- No coffee or stimulants the day of your appointment
- Your system should be free of alcohol prior to your appointment.
- You cannot be on any blood thinners including aspirin. If you are on blood thinners and if cleared by a doctor, please discontinue use three days prior to your appointment.
- No Retin-A, Tretinoin, Tazorac, or other retinol skincare products within a week of your appointment. These products can cause pigments to fade prematurely and alter the color while healing.
- If you have any medical conditions it’s best to consult with your doctor before scheduling. Please bring your doctors note to your visit.
- Please note that women that are on their cycle with be more sensitive to the procedure.
It’s essential to follow these aftercare instructions to get the best results for your brows.
- For ten days avoid heavy sweating, sun, swimming pools, saunas, brow makeup, tanning, and skin treatments.
- Do not wax, tweeze, or dye brows for two weeks.
- Do not wet your brows for 48 hours.
- Every couple of hours (5x a day) for the first three days lightly press your eyebrows with gauze/paper towel before applying a thin layer of Aquaphor. Don’t let your brows be dry for the first three days.
- keep applying Aquaphor 3x a day for an additional seven days (until day ten post-treatment)
- Please let us know if any other questions or concerns!