Queen Bee Blog
THE BEST IN YOUR BUSINESS
Queen Bee Salon & Spa has been in your business for some 20+ years. It goes without saying that we have seen some downright troubling issues that can, without the right self-care, can happen “down there”. Fortunately we are pretty good at nerding out and our dedication to exceptional service and education can help us, help you!
Here’s the top 3 menaces that we witness on a daily basis at Queen Bee Salon & Spa in our waxing department.
1. Ingrown Hairs – Causes
- Oily Skin
- A Bad Wax
- Lack of Exfoliation
- Certain forms of exercise
- Crossing Legs
- Tight Clothing
- Coarse Curly Hair
- Thicker Skin
How to avoid them:
- Exfoliate daily with our miracle ingrown hair pads Buzz Off Bumps firstname.lastname@example.org please insert link here
- Don’t cross your legs so much.
- If you sit all day, make sure your posture is “Emily straight as a Post”. Those of us with tummys see ingrowns and irritation on the top of our bikini lines, from sweat and irritation of skin that cannot breathe. We see this commonly during the final stages of pregnancy.
- Shave with a good razor and Wax with a good waxer.
- Don’t use heavy creams and oils on your bikini line skin.
- Avoid wearing tight clothing every day.
How to treat them:
Salicylic acid combined with glycolic acid. This power couple strip away dead skin and penetrates follicles to remove excess oil and debris. email@example.com insert link to BOB
- Dry brush gently every day before a shower and use a mild antibacterial wash during the shower.
- Anti-itch creams that contain oats
2. IRRITATION from Sanitary Pads, Tampons, Condoms, Lubes, Feminine Wipes, Soaps, Body Washes, Spinning etc.
Some years ago the founder of Queen Bee, Jodi Shays, noticed a trend in skin irritation in the labia area on some of her clients. This delicate area was a different color and texture, pink and almost flaky. She also noticed people had more tiny fissures inside – (it was no surprise to learn those latter clients had recently started spinning!). It became apparent, after talking to clients, that they were all using products that were compromising the delicate barrier of this area. Soaps were not being properly rinsed from inside of the vagina or underneath the scrotum and rumor has it that some feminine hygiene products contain bleach that has the potential of releasing it onto the skin. Obviously with everyday use, these products have started to irritate those down below areas and cause some issues.
How to avoid this irritation:
- If you have to wear panty liners, apply a thin layer of barrier cream, such as Aquaphor to your labia as a buffer between the skin and the pad
- If you are using soaps in the bath or shower ENSURE that you are rinsing soap away thoroughly. That means allowing water to run through the vagina, scrotum area and inside of the butt cheeks. If left on the skin soap will dry it out and in some cases cause hyperpigmentation.
- Ensure you keep sweat off of your gential area. Here’s a fun observation; sweat can gather underneath your belly so keep that area dry at all times. If moisture sits in crevices for too long, it will break that skin down.
3. Basic HygieneWaxed/shaved skin is compromised skin. The unwanted hair we removed down there, was there for protection, so now you need to ensure you keep your motor running smoothly! Remember, when you leave Queen Bee, freshly buffed and waxed, we went through every precaution to make sure your skin was bacteria free before, during and after your wax.
INSTEAD OF SOAP, GIVE OUR HERO PRODUCT “BUZZ OFF BUMPS” A TEST DRIVE. THESE WONDER PADS ARE EXCEPTIONAL AT REMOVING DIRT, EXCESS OIL AND DEAD SKIN.
Sharing is caring, but taking somebody else's hard work, either whole or part, is plagiarism. Please do your own work well; you will learn so much more!